If you’ve decided to commit more time to the study of the Quran, you are in good company. Muslims realize that the holy Quran is the most important book in Islam. It contains the laws provided by God that Muslims are to follow as well as stories of creation. Reading, memorizing and reciting the Quran can not only demonstrate a commitment to your faith, but it could deepen your understanding of Islam and strengthen one’s faith as well.
The Importance of Studying the Quran
Devout Muslims throughout the world read and recite the Quran to seek guidance for their lives and to help walk the path that God has commanded. Yet many people lack spare time and want to know how to learn the Quran quickly. Here are several strategies that can help you increase the speed with which you learn to read and recite the Quran:
- Start with the Qaida. The Quran is written in Arabic. If you are new to the language or aren’t fluent in it yet, consider relying on the Qaida, or Al Qaida Al Nooraniya, which is a book for children learning the Quran. It includes Quran passages to help kids master how to pronounce the Arabic alphabet. Understanding how to pronounce Arabic letters and words properly helps you accurately read and recite the Quran.
- Master vocabulary and grammar. If you want to know how to learn the Quran and Arabic fast, begin by building a foundation with Arabic vocabulary and grammar. Mastering simple Arabic words will accelerate your ability to read the Quran.
- Practice regularly. If your goal is how to learn to read the Quran fast, you should plan on reading it often. Make time to do so every day, or better yet, several times a day. The more you become immersed in the holy book, the more quickly you will be able to master Arabic and the messages the Quran contains.
- Use interactive technology. One of the benefits of studying the Quran now is that you have access to technology that can help you digest it more quickly and efficiently. Consider using interactive technology to acquire proper pronunciation, which may accelerate your learning curve.
- Work with an instructor. Trying to comprehend the Quran by yourself can be frustrating, but an experienced instructor might make it much easier. Better yet, consider working with an instructor one-on-one for personalized instruction and motivation.
- Learn Tajweed. This term refers to the accurate pronunciation of Arabic words. Studying it can improve your understanding of Arabic and help ensure that Arabic terms are articulated properly. As your understanding of Tajweed improves, you’ll also find it easier to learn the Quran fast.
Embrace your Faith With IQRA
If you want to learn the Quran, and do so quickly, IQRA can help. We provide our students assistance to help them master Arabic and study the Quran, enhancing their Muslim faith. Our classes include interactive video sessions and one-on-one instruction from experienced, supportive tutors. Our teaching materials are developed by expert Arabic speakers and Quran scholars. To learn more about the classes we offer or to register, schedule your free evaluation here.