Many Muslims believe that memorizing the Holy Quran is hard or impossible. Therefore, I share with you seven tips that will help you memorize the Holy Quran with ease inshalla:
- Seek Allah’s help. Make duaa and keep asking Allah to help you to memorize it after each prayer.
- Master first. Master the correct recitation of the Holy Quran or learn its rules of Tajweed first because this will expedite memorization.
- Find a recitation teacher. Find a teacher and recite to him so that he can help you recite, memorize and follow you up.
- Get a portion every day. Memorize a portion of the Holy Quran every day and stick to it. You are better off memorizing it before work or study. Reward yourself if you managed to finish it and penalize yourself if you failed to finish it.
- Practice makes perfect. Recite what you have memorized in your daily prayers so you can master it well.
- Find your memorization style. Choose a memorization style that can help you memorize. There are so many ways and methods to pick from nowadays.
- Find your revision strategy. Revision is sometimes more important than memorizing a new portion. Revision and practice make perfect.